Report, Energy News, ET EnergyWorld

0
New Delhi: Over 600 ‘off the shelf’ low carbon investment opportunities in India’s renewable energy projects pipeline have the potential to accelerate to around Rs 2 lakh crore of equity and Rs 4 lakh crore in project finance debt, according to a recent report.

He said these projects will support nearly 15 lakh of new jobs in the immediate future.

These ongoing investment opportunities with the potential for a post-pandemic economic recovery were identified in the report released on Friday by consultancy firm Ernst and Young (EY) and the Federation of Indian Chambers of Commerce and Industry (FICCI). .

“Policymakers need to reflect on the urgency of the challenges posed by COVID-19 and leverage existing clean energy programs for rapid economic recovery,” said Somesh Kumar, Partner and Country Leader, Power & Utilities, EY India .

He added that low-carbon, labor-intensive infrastructure projects that have strong interactions with the hard-hit construction industry must be at the center of post-COVID green recovery efforts.

The report titled “Accelerating Post-Pandemic Economic Recovery with Clean Energy Infrastructure and Jobs in India” highlights the need for new energy infrastructure to boost economic recovery and self-reliance without reversing trends in emissions and related shocks. air pollution in the post-COVID economic recovery era.

According to the report, the utility-scale renewable power generation space has a pipeline of 332 projects with 84 GW of pipeline capacity. These projects require Rs 1.27 lakh crore of equity and Rs 2.97 lakh crore of debt infusion. These large-scale projects have the potential to create 8.7 lakh jobs, of which around 10% will emerge in 2021-2022 and the remaining 90% beyond 2022.

In the rooftop solar energy sector, the pipeline includes 166 projects with a capacity of 18 GW. These projects will require Rs 24,000 crore of equity and Rs 56,000 crore of debt injection. These projects can provide new jobs of 4.37 lakh.

For decentralized renewable energy production under the PM-KUSUM program, the report identified 44 projects with 14.5 GW of pipeline capacity, which would require Rs 13,000 crore of equity and Rs 29,000 crore. debt injection.

Regarding the manufacture of original RE equipment, the report identified 12 pipeline projects that would require Rs 15,000 crore of equity and Rs 34,000 crore of debt injection.

Share.

About Author

Comments are closed.