Caltrans invites you to bring non-hazardous and unwanted items to the nearest Dump Day event for free disposal.
Caltrans will have personnel on site to accept approved debris free of charge. Dump Day events will be held at the following locations in Lake County:
• C&S Waste Transfer Station, accepting tires, mattresses and furniture only, 230 Soda Bay Road, Lakeport from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. or until capacity is reached on site.
• SLRR Recycling Center, accepting tires, mattresses and furniture only, 16015 Davis Street, Clearlake from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. or until capacity is reached on site.
Free emptying day collection is limited to the household items listed above. No building materials, commercial waste, hazardous waste, electronic waste, treated wood waste or asbestos of any type will be accepted.
Caltrans reminds motorists to properly secure and sheet all cargo loads before driving. Carrying unsecured loads is dangerous, illegal, and pollutes California’s roads and waterways. Loads that are not tied down, closed or secured by tarpaulins or other means will not be accepted.
Tips for securing your load:
• Completely cover loads with tarpaulins or cargo nets. Debris may escape from gaps.
• Remove loose materials and trash before driving.
• Do not overload — keep materials level with your truck bed.
• Place light objects lower, tie bulky objects to the vehicle for road safety.