Country Malt Group
Apply for a job
Territory Sales Manager
Finding Candidates in Washington, Idaho, or Montana – Remote
About the company
United Malt Group is one of the world’s largest producers of malt for the brewing, distilling and food industries, operating in the United States as Great Western Malting Co. and in Canada as of Canada Malting Co.
The Country Malt Group division is the leading distributor of brewing and distilling products in North America. Country Malt Group began in 1995 as North Country Malt Supply based in Champlain, NY. In 2010 the company was acquired by United Malt Group and became Country Malt Group with 12 distribution facilities spread across North America. Today, we are the primary supplier to over 6,000 customers in the United States and Canada.
Safety • Passion • Quality • Integrity
Country Malt Group is currently seeking a Territory Sales Manager for the Brewery and Distillery Business Division. Our Territory Sales Managers are highly motivated professionals who provide the link between the company and our customers. Territory Sales Managers are responsible for sales of our portfolio of bulk and bagged brands. This position will be remote and primary areas of responsibility will be Washington, Idaho and Montana and will report directly to the Division’s Senior Sales Manager.
- This position will require extensive travel throughout the territory and visits to our US and Canadian offices
- Cultivate new client relationships and strengthen existing ones through regular visits and communication
- Develop new opportunities and drive sales by identifying customer needs and creating; execute strategic plans in a competitive market
- Prepare and manage annual sales forecasts and travel budgets
- Educate customers on our product portfolio with in-person visits, as well as technical conference presentations and act as an advisory resource for our brewer and distiller customers
- Attend industry events and trade shows to showcase our brands and services in a positive and professional manner
- Communicate effectively and regularly with internal resources, including members of the sales team as well as administrative, operational, technical and management teams
- Coordinate with finance to assist customers when setting up new accounts and establishing credit terms
- Ensure necessary updates/reports are completed and submitted in a timely manner
SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- 5+ years of direct sales experience in the food, wholesale and/or export industries is preferred
- Demonstrated involvement in the brewing, malting and/or distilling industries preferred
- Passion for the craft brewing and distilling industry is a must
- Experience using a CRM is a plus
- Experience using Microsoft GP is an asset
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office programs, especially Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, as well as interpersonal and organizational skills
- The ability to adapt to change in a growing industrial and commercial environment is essential
- Self-motivated with the ability to proactively and effectively manage time and tasks with minimal supervision
- A valid driver’s license
- Ability to travel 50% of the time, including travel within Canada/USA
- ?Bachelor’s degree in a relevant discipline; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- A recognized degree or certification from a brewing or distilling school or institution such as IBD would be an asset.
- Although technical knowledge of malting is an asset, it is not a requirement as the successful candidate will receive extensive malting training.
Attractive compensation and benefits will be offered. We offer a generous benefits package including: medical/dental/vision/RX plan, flexible spending accounts, EAP, paid vacation, 4 ½ week paid vacation program, basic life insurance and voluntary, MST, LTD, 401(k) plan, retirement plan (CAD), fitness grant and tuition reimbursement. Employees are eligible for product discounts through our CMG division, as well as discounts from various outside vendors.
*Benefits vary between the United States and Canada.
Apply for a job